Sunday, January 19, 2014

Courage


Here's another test post of sorts. I'm continuing my attempts to make good blog posts using my tablet and so... Here are a few goodies that I worked on today.

I followed the latest sketch from my favorite Deconstructed Sketches.




I love this one. :) I wanted to make a few special cards for some very special veterans. One will go to a sweet man who drove past my work last week and noticed our tattered flag on the flagpole. . He replaced it for us, and we want to send him a very special thank you. The other goes to a very special marine.. Who has had a rough go of it lately. I hope he gets well soon!



I used a pretty wide variety of supplies this week including the CTMH stamp set "Courage", some K&Company stickers, some Bo Bunny Paper, a new embossing folder by The Paper Factory, some Spellbinder dies and Sizzix stars.


I inked and stamped the words with blue ink and heat embossed with clear powder on the same gold paper that I put through the embossing folders. It has just a slight shine to it that is really pretty.


Here is the stamped sentiment on the inside of the cards.


I used one more stamp and stamped this watermark image on the front of each envelope. The card bases and envelopes are both kraft card stock. These ones will go the special fellas mentioned above, but I think I will make a few more for my next OWH box. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards for a beautiful purpose!

Anonymous said...

This is just fabulous! I LOVE every little element on it!!! Whoever gets this is one lucky duck!!! Thanks for playing along with Deconstructed Sketches!

Unknown said...

Hi There, Thank you for being a follower of all things beautiful. Thought you’d like to know your project has been chosen to be showcased as my weekly fav on my Feature Friday post today! Take care and enjoy your weekend. Amy A. @ all things beautiful http://alllthingsbeautiful.blogspot.com/2014/01/feature-friday-1242014.html