Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sketch Craze

So I had one of those moments where I just really wanted to use up the very last scraps of my latest scrapbooking kit from ETM to make some cards. I couldn't handle throwing away any of this pretty paper by Authentique and I've been trying really hard lately, to use everything up instead of stashing it away for later. Because, you know, "later" has a way of taking a really long time to get here. :)

There has been such a plethora of really great sketches lately. Somebody needs to smack me because I feel like a broken record about sketch #105 from The Deconstructed Sketch. I made lots more following that sketch.


Sentiment stamp by CTMH


Sentiment Stamp by Hero Arts, I believe.


I love these colors! And I enjoyed using a variety of shapes for the focal point.


Using different border punch designs was fun too. The center scallop in this one comes from SU I think, it was part of the ETM kit. I also used some SU punches and stamps for the tiny tags.


The "crossword" paper in this collection was really fun. Freestyle! I didn't use a sketch for this one, and this was my last tiny scrap of the crossword paper. "Crazy" stamp by CTMH.



This one looks washed out because of the reflection - I embossed with clear powder over a light colored ink, it looks a lot better without the glare. Sentiment by CTMH. No sketch for this one.


THIS ONE comes from sketch #179 from Stars & Stamps and I used a favorite sentiment from CTMH. I also had a damask kind of stamp that I used with just a bit of versamark ink to watermark the pattern on the sentiment layer, to kind of reflect that pretty pattern on the bottom mat.

Well, that just about does it, all of my scraps from the June Kit are finally gone, just in time for July. Can't wait to see what's next!!

 post signature

Here is a little link to my CTMH sentiment stamps - they are some of my favorite collections and yikes... I hear that some of them are going to retire! July will be the last month!

7 comments:

Bounding said...

I like how you used the versamark to tie in the damask. And I love your sentiment. Just perfect for an OWH card.

Cynthia T said...

Such beautiful papers! So glad you found a way to use up all those scraps. I am definitely on my way to checking out the sketch you used on your first bunch of cards. Thanks for sharing :)

Kathryn said...

The crossword puzzle really caught my eye. How fun! Thanks for sharing your card collection.

Unknown said...

Great cards, love how you used up the scraps. Mine have a way of multiplying like rabbits! Thanks for the motivation to get through them before they take over the craft room!

Diane said...

I am jealous- you made great cards from your scraps...I am trying to do the same- you have really inspired me! All of your papers are beautiful! The crossword puzzle is a fun idea!

WhoMom said...

Your 179 sketch card is wonderful-very appealing. The crossword card is super too. It would be a fun card to receive.
Lyn

Linda said...

WTG!!! Those last two are my faves...