Thursday, April 4, 2013

DS96

Nooo... not Deep Space 9 . . . although I would expect that from myself at first, too.  (Trek geek!! LOL!!) DS stands for Deconstructed Sketch... one of my favorite new things! I fell behind a little bit with my sketches, but got this one done today using leftover pieces from my March ETM kit. The tags and pieces are long gone but I believe that these papers are by EchoPark? This is what I mean by using up my scraps!!!

So the paper is by EchoPark and Bazzil...the butterfly is a SU punch, and the bling came from the dollar bin at Michaels, the sentiment is from a little acrylic set by TPC studio. :) Oh and I used the ProvoCraft Swiss Dot embossing folder for the background! Yikes ...and the tiny heart punch that came from somewhere a million years ago!!! I guess this card has a lot of stuff on it. Which is something that I really like about the DS sketches, because they challenge me to make more layers and use more embellishments than I have in the past.

Here is the sketch:


And here is my card!


I decied to try black as an accent color, just for fun.

I liked this sketch so much, that I think I would like to try it again. :)

Thanks for stopping by!



post signature
Oh dear... So while hopping along seeing all of the other cute cards for this sketch, I saw that a few other people used this same cute paper collection and it is by Fancy Pants... Not Echo Park... My bad! Thanks ladies!!!

3 comments:

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely card, Nancy! Great take on the sketch...I love the colors & butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Deconstructed Sketch!

Cassie said...

Oh your take on the sketch is perfect, Nancy! How funny that we used the same papers ;)

Jo said...

Your card is wonderful and made me smile as soon as I saw it! So cheery!