Saturday, February 16, 2013

VCMP #5

Last challenge of the day! I had so much fun! This stop might have been one of my favorites. Over at The Crooked Stamper we have been encouraged to use up a whole page of paper and make six cards out of it. What a fun idea... I might have to do this more often!

I searched my coveted Hoarding Drawer. You know, that drawer where you keep your very favorite... not to be used!!! paper. Now I can't really figure exactly why this paper was in my Hoarding Drawer except for that I love Halloween... I love these silly colors and monsters, and I thought I would save it for something special. It's from Hooligans.. (CTMH) and I took it one step further and used up an entire packet of Hoarded Special Embellishments to match. Little felt monsters with google eyes!!!


Wow! Does it feel good to get rid of some of my stash, and especially for such a good cause. Don't you think that the troops will have fun sending these home to their little monsters? What a silly, cheerful card. :)


Even though this paper is really for Halloween, I thought that I covered up enough of the "Halloween" type of  words and left just the silly, monster sayings show through. I also found this super cute sentiment (Studio G) to go along with it, because my very favorite part of the paper... is that little pattern that says, "hahahahahahahahahaha!"



Google eyes. It doesn't get much better. Sorry about the lighting. My natural light from the window is long gone and I have completed my day of Virtual Card Making Party cards. More tomorrow... hooray!

post signature

5 comments:

Jen M said...

These are ADORABLE. Love that sentiment and it's perfect for the monsters! :)

Margaret said...

I made 6 cards using the dp and 3 sheets of 8.5x11 black, some scraps of white and blue.

Leslie Hanna said...

OMG, you've pulled off a MAJOR coupe here - Halloween paper in February. AND you've used MONSTAHS!

I'm still laughing over your Coveted Hoarded Drawer.

Thanks so much for playing!

Dixie Cochran said...

Did it hurt to pull that paper from the Coveted Hoarded Drawer? LOL. Your cards are so clever! Lots of kids are going to LOVE these.

Lee Mae said...

Oh my gosh! How adorable are those guys. Love the googlie eyes and the paper is just perfect. I like the hahahaha part too.