Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Snowy Scene Tutorial

How fun - don't miss out on this week's Snowy Scene tutorial over at Stars & Stamps. Debbie did a really great job of showing us how do do this. I don't have one of those clear stamp liner-uper kind of things that is shown in the tutorial, and I don't have any clear acrylic "foilage" stamps so I had to just kind of wing it with a wood mount stamp. I found that working on a surface with a lot of graph lines on it was helpful. I had to close one eye and squint to get the stamp to line up off-center just so for the second stamping with the black ink.

Hey! I'm a Squint! If you watch the TV show Bones, you will find this as terribly funny as I just did. If not, move along. :)

Here is my little snowy scene card. I can't wait to give this another try some time. It was really very fun.

 
I used "Twilight" ink and a sentiment from the 4 My Friend CTMH set. The branch stamp is an old wood mount one by "Great Impressions."

7 comments:

Joan K said...

Very nice - I think I'll try the squinty technique too since I don't have the tool for lining up stamps either!

Anonymous said...

Great job! I like your multiple snowbanks with the orientation going this direction. Thanks for playing with my tutorial.
Debbie D

Erika said...

Sewed...I just love that stamp. I tried this tutorial too. Your card came out lovely!

Rinoplasti said...

of course dear i need the really text editor of my blog and Articles, This blog are really very helping to me and your Blog reader.
Thanks Dear.
Rinoplasti

Pam said...

Beautiful job!

NanaConnie said...

Magnificent, Nancy! Love the CAS design, too. Beautifully done background.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

yours turned out SO much better than my attempt did! congrats