Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sketch #135




Good morning, cardmakers... I'm off to get some last minute school shopping taken care of for my own size-12-footed monster! I'm having so much fun this year getting AJ ready for Jr. High. How is this even possible???

For your weekend fun, stop over to Stars & Stamps for sketch #135 and a link to Redonkulous Designs ... They have sponsored our sketch today with an offer to win some digi-stamps. I love these digis because they remind me quite a bit of the days when I did a lot of pixel art, and also because quite a few of Sheryl's designs are a little off-color and well... You guys know me! Haha... Go have a laugh, find some troop-appropriate images and join in on the fun.

Here are the cards that I made to promote today's festivities.



This baby cracks me up because I keep thinking of that awful baby with Dany Divito's voice in Roger Rabbit. Isn't he a hoot!



This girlie reminds me of a Diva Doll or some pixel art that used to be made by an old friend of mine over at Dhaling's Dollz. I do miss that website! I printed both of these on cream colored cardstock and colored mostly with Bic Mark-it markers. The white bits were accomplished with a white gel pen.

I had almost forgotten about this little video: The Jeans Tutorial that you might find helpful or fun for coloring these jeans.

Happy weekend everyone!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

He does kinda look like that rascal in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, but he's in a better mood here, haha!

These are great cards, Nancy. I used a polka dot folder on my sketch card this morning - forgot to run the strip through with the card front to get the embedded look like you did here. Whoops! Thanks for the reminder! This week's sponsor is a great artist. I love her spunky chicas!

StampTramps said...

Wow! A couple of great looking cards! I like the idea of embossing over all the papers and thanks for the reminder of the jeans coloring tutorial!

Jen M said...

Super cards, nancy!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

what great cards! I love the second image :-)

Linda said...

Love the colors and images! I need to check out that jean video. TFS!!!

NanaConnie said...

These are superb, Nancy! So glad you shared them. You've given me a couple of grand ideas for Any Hero cards. :-D

Julie said...

Great cards, Nancy, and thanks so much for contributing a sample for us! I love that you printed them on cream cardstock - for some reason I never think of that but I really like the look of it! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!