Friday, August 17, 2012

ETM August Kits

Happy weekend, everyone. I've been working on loads of fun things using my August kit from Express The Moment. Don't forget to stop by and check them out if you're interested in trying a fun scrapbooking kit or two! :)

This months' kit is full of beautiful things by American Crafts from their Garden Café line. Super cute. This photo shows a lot of the things included in the kit:




My favorites this month are the cute 6x6 journaling cards, and cute buttons to match and a brand new acrylic "hello" stamp. (The cardmaker in me LOVES new sentiments!)

Here is a 12x12 page I made following a fun new PageMap template. Photos will go in the white squares later on...



I also made another 8x8 for this month for those of you following the 8x8 book collection. This is also a PageMaps template. Love them. I love he stitched pocket idea.



Did I forget to mention the whole pack of "Thickers" in this month's kit? Love them too. I love it when you get a whole variety of matching products in your kit that you otherwise might not have tried. Thickers are fun!

Here are some cards, I do believe that I followed recent Operation Write Home sketches for most of them. Hey, you ETM ladies, don't forget to play along with those new sketches every weekend over at Stars & Stamps.




There's that cute "hello" stamp. Very useful! Awesome for cards! I love the little swirl design.


So nice I had to use it twice. Hee hee!


There is a little package of those florets in the kit too. They can also be used as a sentiment, I don't think I would recommend mailing a card with one of these on it though. Too fat! :) Great for hand delivery, though.


There are a few patterned-paper card bases in the kit too, of varying design. Just slap a couple of layers on them with a sentiment and you have an instant easy card.


This card is proof that even those new Friskars Titanium blades for your paper trimmer eventually poop out. When that happens, you should use an edge distresser and rough up ALL your edges, so that it makes it look like you were trying to accomplish this look on purpose. :) one of the big 12x12 papers has this cute little strip of cakes along the bottom edge. How fun! I added it with a tag and little scrap of Rick-rac ribbon To make a birthday card.

Aren't those colors fun? What a great kit! Thanks for stopping by to see the goodies... I'll be putting up some more next weekend too. :)

No comments: