Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Please refrain from eating the cards.

Card Day! It's like Christmas, only better! Yesterday was Card Day at Brandi's house. I missed some of it as AJ has been home sick for a while. He's got the crud and a tonsil the size of a golf ball! Ugh. At any rate, the CDC girls were kind enough to hook me up with my kits and they even put together a few for me. I'm so proud of these ladies. . . our Card Days have been more and more fun every month. It's awesome to be able to learn from each other! Deb is the seamstress and is always teaching us something about ribbon or stitching. Tiffani is the Queen of Distressing Ink! And Stephanie is like THE pro at Cricut cards . . . take a look at this month's loot - we all came home with one of each of these cards.

Tiffani brought this 6x6 card. The green paper that she used is called "Lime Rickey" and so appropriately - she brought us Lime Rickey drinks from Artic Circle to sip on while we scrapped. Yum! The purple flowers are cut from "Walk In My Garden" cricut cartridge. I love all of the different patterns and I LOVE THE PURPLE!!!


This one is made with a patterned paper that I found in a DCWV spring stack. I love the yellow. Yellow isn't a color that I work with much - but I love this paper. The blue scallop was cut using a Spellbinder template and the blue buckle was cut using my cuttlebug. Thanks Tif - for letting me borrow your stamp that goes with this card really well - especially with all of the curly doodles and patterns. :) I owe ya!


Stephanie cut the pieces of this "MOM" card with Cricut Indie Art and the Hanna Montana cartridge. The front paper is also embossed using Cuttlebug. Such a cute card - and Steph always makes the perfect inside sentiment for her cards!


Stephanie also brought these awesome Graduation sliders! I am so sorry that I missed out on making this one! One of the ladies put it together for me and I love it.


Deb's Card. :)  This is a perfect example of how pretty someone's handwriting can be when used to make a sentiment. Especially when your handwriting looks as pretty as Deb's does. Deb! Write on all of our cards for us, pleeeeeease?


Way to go Brandi! Our newbie newb! She made this cute cute cupcake card - I love it! Between the Lime Rickey card and the Cupcake card - the whole Card Day club must have been feeling pretty hungry right?


Brandi also made kits for this cute fold-out baby card - it's actually a tri-fold and the patterned papers all match so cute - just look at all of those cute stars. :)


Here is a card that Tiffani came up with after a trip to our local printing store - they had these really neat folding envelopes for sale for ten cents each . . . Tiffani found the most beautiful patterned paper from My Mind's Eye to go with them and printed the sentiment for the middle. The bottom flap is perfect for holding photos or mini-cards for your kids to sign. The sides of the card can fold back so that the whole thing sits up on display like this. . . wow! What a neat treat for Grandma, don't you think? The whole card also folds up and in like an envelope and could be tied with a ribbon - but Tif also supplied some big beautiful envelopes for mailing them in if we want. Love that flower. :)


Here is my last card for Card Day - I thought it would make a fun invitation for a BBQ or maybe a fun gift card for a summer birthday. The "buns" are made from a 3-inch oval cut on George and Basic Shapes. (an oval cut in half makes the "top" of one bun.) The bottom bun and the burger are just rectangles. Look closely and you can see the strips of cardstock used to make pickles, onions and tomatoes. A running strip of glue holds the green lace lettuce on top - I used dimentional squares to glue on the burger and the top bun. Don't forget to brown the burger with dark brown ink or chalk and toast the buns too. :)  "BBQ?" Is cut using street sign. And the cute red checker picnic paper is from that same DCWV Spring stack. Don't forget the cheese - I used an orange/yellow puff paint and a white puff paint to make the sesame seeds too.  Dang, now i'm really hungry.



Card day has been a ton of fun - we are going to take a break for the summer and start up again in September with Halloween cards again. If Card Day sounds like a fun time to you - I encourage you to try it - all you need is a few fun card-making friends. We meet once a month and we each bring one finished card as an "example" and enough kits for each other person to make that card. We take turns handing out kits and making cards - we share techniques and favorite new products and gab and eat and have a ton of fun - I am going to miss the CDC for the summer and can't wait to get back to it in the fall. Thanks guys!! You are the best!






2 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What fun, I want to go with you next time! The cards you made are fabulous. You left a comment on my blog and said you need to look into the "Crystal Effects" stuff. It's also called Diamond Glaze, Glossy Glaze, when it's by other companies than Stampin' Up!

mea5798 said...

geez what a talented club you have! each card was cuter than the last! i loved them all!