Monday, March 15, 2010

March CDC!

I was lucky enough to host the March Card Day Club meeting and all in all things didn't go too bad! Tigger was in good spirits and continues to seem like he is feeling good every day. Tiffani decided that she was not such a fan of ferrets. Poor Steve the ferret got to watch all of the carding from his little tower cage home but he didn't get to participate in any of the shiny sparkly glittery goodness. . . I am pretty sure that he is still just heartbroken. . . but anyway, here are the goodies!

First is Hanna's "hatch" card - made using Cricut cut eggs and the "hatch" sentiment. The best part about this card is that little feather that she added poking up out of the egg where the chick is. Haha! I do love this one.

Stephanie made these "thinking of you" cards tha are bright and springy and fun - I love the Cuttlebug textured background and the green with the pink - this is a really fun spring time card!



Stephanie also made us these really neat pocket cards - that little piece of patterned paper with the ribbon through it comes out of the pocket - I LOVE this idea and I think that Stephanie definitely owes us a tutorial on how to fold these pockets. She sent her cards pre-made this month so we didn't get to see how it was done. STEPHANIE!!! I AM GOING TO PUT YOU ON YOUTUBE!!! Haha.



I brought kits for everyone to make this spring card - the tutorial if you missed it - can be found here.


I also had kits to make this Happy Easter card with bunnies from the new Easter 2010 cartridge. Fun!


Tiffani was able to make a template and create these spinny cards - the purple cardstock "wheel" in this example has four different stamps or embelishments - when the wheel is turned (it rotates on the center brad) a different sentiment shows up in the little window. Awesome fun! I think that we need a tutorial on this one too, Tiff. :)


Tiffani also brought these cute little "lunchbox" cards - they are small enough to slip into someones lunch box or pocket for finding later on - what a cute idea, and what a cute little heart card this is with the puppy! She brought along little gold heart charms to tie to him like a collar.


Here's another version - this one is a little monster - I can imagine that my kiddo would get a good kick out of this. :)


Tiffani gets the award for chief chick this month with this one - the chick is from the Easter 2010 cartridge - the legs and shoes are from the Paper Doll Cartridge - and the flower is from another cartridge - I forgot to ask which - we gave this little chick-a-dee a lot of glitter and bling - isn't she fabulous and ready for Easter! I love her!


This is one of Tiffani and her SIL Brandi's creations - It's the glitter-on-the-tape technique and it makes a really beautiful spring flower! I can think of tons of occasions to use this card, it's so springy and pretty and glittery and . . . oh boy!


Brandi has also sent along this Bunny Bag that is ready to be filled with Easter treats - he even has a cotton tail glued to the back... so cute! Speaking of Brandi - I do believe that the next meeting of the CDC will be hosted by Brandi in April - more details to follow. . . thanks everybody for the fun day!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Every single on of these projects is great!!! I love "hatch" :o)