Sunday, January 31, 2010

CASE-ing the joint. . .

Ahh, this weekend is just full of scrap from OWH's new blog Stars and Stamps! Another fun project that they have posted is to CASE someone elses card. . . CASE stands for Copy And Share Everything! It's also known as SCRAPLIFTING but in this case. . . er. . . situation. . . it is done with all of the best intentions and to show what we love about someone elses' work!

First I had to find a card to "CASE" and boy was I in luck. With so many fantastic bloggers involved with OWH I was able to find tons of ideas. I also just got this huuuuge new batch of beautiful Petaloo flowers from Peachy Cheap and I was looking for something fun to do with them! It wasn't long before I found Marianne's blog . . Petunia's Paper Passion and I just love her cards. . . particularly this one. . .




This card had everything that I was looking for! I love the square shape, the flowers, and the ribbon around the patterned paper! I love the bright springy look of this card. I suddenly remembered that I have a whole bunch of wide ribbon sitting unused in one of my storage bins. Wow. . . use for my flowers AND my old ribbon? Could it be true??? I gathered up my scrap and here is what I came up with!


I used some of my own favorite colors . . . purple for the background and I did cut a little purple lace edge strip to go along with the ribbon. I also had to use a little bit of white paper for a background for my ribbon because the ribbon that I had was opaque. I used the green and white patterned paper from the DCWV Garden Party stack . . . also sitting unused and waiting for just the right embelishments! There are my pretty Petaloo flowers too. . . I can't believe that Marianne had the perfect use for them! :) I stitched a large safety pin to the back of the flowers after mounting them together so that the recipient of the card can keep the flower after they are done with it. . . the flower, I thought, would be bright and cute as an accessory on a hat, bag, or lapel maybe. How springy! Here is a close up of the work.



Thanks again OWH for the fun events this weekend - and thanks Marianne for letting me CASE your card!


3 comments:

Kajikit said...

What lovely bright colourful flowers... I can see why you wanted to make them the center of attention on the card. :)

Martha said...

Oh my, beautiful cards! I love that you found 'buried treasure' in your stash and came up with this card. Cool flowers you used. Sort of ethereal.

GiGi said...

Indeed....scap happens! Love it. Now I just gotta have some of those flowers.