Sunday, September 13, 2009

Peanut Butter! And Jelly!!!!!

Once in a while, when I am putting cards or pages or whatnot together, I run into two products that really really go together well. When this happens, it's like magic! It's like peanut butter! And jelly! Chips and salsa! Fish and chip. . . okay. . . you get the idea! The last time that I had this happen was when the Rock Star pack came out by Die Cuts With a View, and I got my "Indie Art" Cricut cartridge. Those are two things that absolutely go together without fail!

So today Rich, Josh and I made a trip to the craft store. . . wierd. . . I usually have to go to the craft store alone. Not that this bothers me, mind you. :) Josh found some drawing paper. Richard found some halloween gargoyles that are just cute. . . he collects gargoyles so he was really excited, I think, to find something that HE liked in the craft store. Haha.

Anyway. There was a great deal on the new Cricut cartridges and so I picked up "Winter Woodland" which is going to be a great great thing for making holiday cards and such. It wasn't until I got home that I realized just how many awesome things are on this cartridge, and how well they go with the "Polar Expressions" collection by Imaginisce! Imaginisce has been a favorite brand of mine for the last year or so - they always seem to come out with the cutest darned patterns and coordinating stamps and embellies to go along with. Just sitting here looking at this new cartridge and the Polar Expressions stuff has just about put me into a scrap coma. So many possibilities!! I can't wait to get started! So start I did. . . and here is what came out. :)

To make this card I cut two 4.5 inch circles out of both the patterned paper and some white cardstock. I layered them so that the white cardstock is on the inside of the card. I cut the striped circle a little more than in half and used both sides. Those cute hats are on the other side of the striped paper!!! Wee!!! I cut a white strip out of a scrap of the white cardstock and punched the edge to make the scalloped ribbon. Finally I cut the "Let it Snow" sentiment out using a red patterned paper from Imaginisce, and some white and blue cardstock. To finish it all off I used a "Clear Star" gel pen to outline the letters and add a little bling to the ribbon. I used a scrap of silver paper to make the ornament top, cut a hole through it with a circle punch and added the ribbon. Click for a closeup if you like. :) You really have to see the glitter in the Imaginisce paper and the gel pen details to see what a neat sparkle they add. There you go! Super easy, fun and this is just the beginning of my adventures with these products. I'll be back with more soon.




Looking for that cute Polar Expressions paper? Check Scrapbook.com, that's where I ordered mine. :)

No comments: