Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Operation Write Home!

Operation Write Home posted this video tonight. . . and although I have seen this one in the past, it was a very influental reminder of things that are important to me right now.

I can't really do much as an individual to change health care, or prevent global disaster. My car isn't very "green." I don't have much to say about the whole MTV video music awards or time to worry about Brangelina's thirteen kids. . . but I can make a difference in the life of a few strangers, and that is what I would like to do.

To make a point about how very easy it is to get involved with something like Operation Write Home, I am displaying my newest goal. I bought a box of these "My Mind's Eye" blank greeting cards at the Hobby Lobby when I was visiting my grandfolks last spring. They were on clearance. All of the other materials shown here, came from the dollar store, or other various scrapbook sales where things were very, very cheap. I am going to make fifty cards for OWH with supplies and scraps that I already have on hand. I was suprised at how easy it was to whip these ones out. And for pennies! You don't have to spend a lot of money to donate hand made cards. It doesn't take a lot of time or effort. Best of all when I get done and sit back and see what I have done, I just feel really really good. *sigh*

If anyone is interested in joining me in this goal, I am more than glad to share my supplies, space and time, in fact, I spend most of all day Mondays doing laundry and making cards after AJ goes to school. I won't make you help me fold socks. :) But I will share my glue! Email me or leave me a message and you can come join me if you like. I hope to have this box of 50 ready to mail out some time in the next couple of weeks.

Scrap mania over for today. Good night!

No comments: