Monday, January 12, 2009

Woot for Day Off!

I worked nights over the weekend. It's not so bad, really. Sunday I got home by 8am and had a nice delicious nap :) Did you ever take a nap and wake up kind of slowly with an idea in your head that you just HAVE to get up and create? Yeah, that happens a lot here. . .


One of my goals for 2009 is to be more ORGANIZED. Not just with my scrap stuff, but with everything. . . clothes, shoes, toys, the whole house is gonna get reorganized this year. But let's start with the simple things shall we? I imagine having a whole basket full of cards that are created and ready to go so that. . . when someone's birthday or occasion pops up, I have cards ready to go and mail in a jiffy! What better occasion to start with than BIRTHDAYS. :}


I feel like I just have to share one of my new favorite brands this year, Imaginisce. I am just loving their patterned paper and cute little matching embelishments, especially the clear stamps. Stamping is another goal for 2009, but that's a whole 'nother story :) Anyway, Imaginisce. Love it! And I didn't use my Stickles on this one although the temptation was great.




I used purple cardstock for the background and words, happy b-day pattererned paper by Imaginisce, The gift is a stamp that I colored with watercolor pencils. The "stamp" was cut using Cricut along with the sentiment. And I used a few Imaginisce chipboard stickers too. They are called "Chip, chip, hooray!" How freaking cute is that. The polka-dot pink stripe is actually the back side of the birthday paper. The paper itself has a lot of cute places that are glittered, but I added some glitter of my own to the gift ribbon, and I used a gliter gel pen to outline the stamp and add some bling to the words.
That's all for now - I have a lot on the menu for today and then I do have to go back to work tomorrow night but soon there will be WEEKEND OFF and lots of fun things to share. :) Say it with me now. . . WOOOOOT!

1 comment:

Kim Rose said...

So cute! Love the colors. Birthday cards are my favorite!